|Vision and Mission|
|Board of Directors|
|Partners & Associates|
|Rail Trips & Tours|
|Transnet: Call for Expressions of Interest|
Transnet Foundation: Call for Epressions of Interest.
The much anticpated process wherein Transnet Foundation (TF) will decide upon the allocation (lend-lease), sale or disposal of its stored assets (locomotives and rolling stock) has begun.
TF has issued lists of available assets and called for "Expressions of Interest" (EoI) from interested or affected parties. TF has issued a statement today (Wednesday 9th October 2013) that "ALL previous lists issued by any source are hereby withdrawn with immediate effect and are replaced" by the versions linked in this article.
- The submission of an EoI for either Disposal Sale or Lend-Lease (LL) does not guarantee that the asset will be allocated to the applicant as a specific verification process will be applied.
- Mr Murison (Heritage Manager, TF) will not entertain any enquiries or EoIs sent directly to him.
Existing, Pending and New Lend-Lease applications:
- Existing Lend-Lease (signed LL agreements) will be renewed applying a specific verification process.
- Pending LL applications must be re-submitted as new applications, also subject to the same verification process.
- New LL applications will also be subjected to the same verification process.
PROCESSES AND DEADLINES are described in the document linked in this article.
The two organisations have agreed to continue their formal relationship through the renewal of the Memorandum of Agreement, in which Transnet recognizes HRASA as the representative association for the heritage railway industry.
No other entity has been appointed or is recognised to speak on behalf of HRASA and its members/stakeholders.
or 082-921-8512 (+27-82-921-8512) (Chairperson) or Ian Pretorius (Vice-Chair) on 083-275-5141 (+27-83-275-5141).
DOCUMENTS relevant to this process:
- HRASA announcement: HRASA UPDATE ON TRANSNET CALL FOR EXPERESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR HERITAGE RAIL ROLLING STOCK. Click here to download a PDF version.
- Locomotives: The SAHRA FINAL LIST will be the ONLY document to be consulted in the process in a call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) for the locomotives. Click here to download a PDF version.
- Coaches, etc.: EoIs for the coaches will be addressed via the list entitled TF Rolling Stock – Coaches_Disposal_Lend-Lease_09.10.2013. Click here to download PDF version.